Friday, July 16, 2010

Tour Guide Barbie!

Alright, the move is all done. For newbies, I used to have three separate blogs. "Imagine" was the first blog I made, a place for me to grow creatively. I added "Things I Can Dig" to the mix, so I could have a place for book, movie, and music reviews. I added "Dear Diary" last, a place especially for my daily ramblings. Turns out, that was too much, and I started to wish that everything was just all in one place. I decided earlier this week that I would combine all three blogs in to one again, and it turned out to be more work than I expected.

Adding all of the blogs together in the first place wasn't really the problem, it was finding a new look and web address to tie the three together! I decided to stick with "rachelimagines" for the URL, mainly because it's a neutral title. Finding a background proved to not be quite so easy. I'm pretty sure I've gone through at least five or six backgrounds and I've even tried my hand at creating some of my own. I finally found something I could stick with, so I decided it was time for my official "first post" of this blog!

I've put A LOT of work in to this, and I'll continue to put a lot of work in to this, so I want all of you guys, the loyal readers and/ or new readers, to know about all of the features I've put in to it.



"I'm Tour Guide Barbie! Please keep your hands, arms, and accessories in the car, and no flash photography. Thank you."

Welcome to my new blog! I hope everyone is as happy with it as I am. Without further ado, let's move on to the tour. Although it might be slightly unnecessary, I thought it would be a good introduction.

Look directly to your right at the top. There's where I've done my best to introduce myself. I tried my best to keep it succinct and true to myself, and I think I've done a pretty good idea. If you want to get to know me even better, look no further than my posts! I normally blog at least once a day, and most of the time, it's more than just a regurgitation of my day.

If you'll look just below the introduction, you'll find a quote that made up half of the inspiration for the title of this wonderful blog! Carl Sagan was an astronomer and writer. Frequently, his topic was religion. When asked about his personal religious beliefs, Mr. Sagan replied that he was Agnostic, claiming that an Atheist has to know a lot more than he does. The late Carl Sagan certainly inspires me. The other half of the inspiration for the blog came from the song "Imagine" by my favorite Beatle, John Lennon.

Looking below the quote, still on your right, you'll see the Imagination Archive. This is where you can find a direct link to every Imagine post. I do have to point something out here. Because of the move, the old posts aren't accurately archived. When combining the three blogs, I had to choose one of the three to add the other two to. I chose my "Dear Diary" page, which was the newest of the three. To make a long story short, any post that wasn't from "Dear Diary" is archived under July, even though I wrote many of them in June. Also, to add even more confusion, some of the diary entries for June are added under July! I wanted posts from the three blogs to be dispersed evenly, and I didn't even think about the fact that moving the June posts may lead to some slight embarrassment. I may get around to fixing it later on, but for right now this is how it'll have to stay.

Last but not least, underneath the Imagination Archive, you'll see my blogroll. These are blogs that I like, so hopefully you'll like them too!

Now, turn your attention to the middle column. This is the meat of the blog. All of my posts will appear right here. Posts will typically be one of three types. First, the fictional posts. I'm an aspiring writer, so I'll be using this blog to store some ideas. My works are all a work in progress, so none of them are complete yet. Second, you'll find diary posts. These are just accounts of my daily adventures and misadventures. Last, you'll find books, movies, and music that I like. Whenever I add on to a post, I'll move it up to the top of the list so that updates are easier to follow. Pay particular attention to my "Reading List" post. These are books that I want to read and want to buy! Feel free to read along with me or make suggestions of your own. I'll also be posting book reviews whenever I finish a book, so keep your eye out for that.

Well, readers. We've reached the end of our tour! Thank you so much for bearing with me, and I hope that you've found it to be helpful. Happy reading, and peace, and welcome to Imagine!

No comments:

Post a Comment